Focus on and create an enlarged sketch of a small portion of a photograph.
Let's use this Micro Quest to focus on details we may sometimes overlook by zeroing in on a small portion of a subject.
1) Choose a photograph. This can be a digital photograph, but a printed 4x6 photo may be easier to work with.
2) Divide the photograph into six sections. If you're using a printed photo, consider drawing lines directly on your photo.
3) Choose one of the six sections to focus on.
4) On an 8.5x11 (or larger) piece of paper, sketch the section you chose.
5) Share your sketch on any social media account with the tag #QuestScouts. (For those of you who don't know, anything on a public Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account will show up on our Scout Board. We'd love to see what you come up with!)
If you'd rather not share your sketch, let us know about your experience in the comments below.