“If we are to have broad-thinking men and women of high mentality, of good physique and with a true perspective on life, we must allow our populace a communion with nature in areas of more or less wilderness condition.”
- Arthur Carhart, Former U.S. Forest Service Official
1) Visit a state or national park. (And, of course, provincial parks work too!)
2) Research! Visit the ranger's station, find a map and/or research ahead of time online to find a hiking trail that's right for you.
3) Hike the trail!
4) Take a photo at the park to document your hiking experience. Post it on Instagram or Twitter with the tags #QuestScouts and #TrailHike.
Remember, if you post to a public Instagram or Twitter account your photo will show up on our Scout Board for other Quest Scouts to enjoy and comment on.
5) Tell us about your hiking experience in the comments below. Where did you go? Who did you go with? What trail did you hike? What did you enjoy, or not enjoy, about your hike?