"When you put yourself on the line in a race and expose yourself to the unknown, you learn things about yourself that are very exciting."
- Doris Brown Heritage, pioneer in women's distance running
1) Choose an organized walk or run that you'd like to participate in. There are many places online that provide a list of events. We suggest you start with Active's list.
a- By "organized," we mean an event for which you must register ahead of time and walk with a large number of strangers. Think bin number and free t-shirt type events!
b- While we use the word "walk" and "run" above, of course there are many people who don't use that language to describe their mobility! Adaptive sports are, as always, welcome in Quest Scouts.
2) Register for your run or walk!
3) Show up and go! You can do it!
4) Take a photo that document your experience. Post it on Instagram or Twitter with the tags #QuestScouts and #Race.
Remember, if you post to a public Instagram or Twitter account your photo will show up on our Scout Board for other Quest Scouts to enjoy and comment on.
5) Tell us about your experience with your organized walk/run in the comments below. Which race did you sign up for? Where was it? Did you do it with friends? How did you prepare? Did you experience any challenges? Did you enjoy yourself?