1. the remains of a building, city, etc., that has been destroyed or that is in disrepair or a state of decay:
We visited the ruins of ancient Greece.
2. a destroyed or decayed building, town, etc.
1) Identify and locate a set of ruins you'd like to visit.
What counts as "ruins." Any structure or former structure that has fallen into a state of disrepair.
Do your best to keep the heart of this objective in mind when choosing your ruins. Think "ruined," not just abandoned. You want to find a place where only foundations, stairs, and pieces of pillar are leftover- for example.
As always, use your best judgement and challenge yourself when deciding on your destination.
2) Visit the ruins you chose.
3) Document your visit with a photograph and share it on Instagram or Twitter with the tags #QuestScouts and #Ruins.
Remember, if you post to a public Instagram or Twitter account with the tag #QuestScouts your photo will show up on our Scout Board for other Quest Scouts to view and interact with.
4) Tell us about your experience in the comments below. Where did you go? Did you have a good time? Did anything fun or unexpected happen during your visit?