1) Spend at least 30 minutes browsing WWII propaganda posters. Take a look at as many posters as you can, in order to recognize stylistic patterns.
Pay specific attention to:
Imagery: What is depicted in the posters? What colors are used? How many colors? Are the images simple or complex? Cartoon like or realistic?
Wording: Do the posters use short slogans or longer text? How does the text relate to the imagery? (Is it directly related, or more of a metaphor?)
2) Choose an issue you'd like to promote. The sky is the limit here. (Just keep it PG.) Save the whales! Take more vacation days! Pick up after your dog!
3) Using what you learned during your research, design a WWII style propaganda poster for your issue.
3) Tell us about your experience making your poster in the comments below. What country's propaganda style did you mimic? What did you learn for your research and incorporate into your poster? What "issue" did you decide to promote?
4) Take a picture of your finished poster and post it on Instagram or Twitter with the tags #QuestScouts and #Propaganda.
Remember, if you post to a public Instagram or Twitter account your photo will show up on our Scout Board for other Quest Scouts to enjoy and comment on.