Packing tape transfers create a distressed, antique like "print" of your photography.
1) Choose any digital photo. (Make sure you were the photographer! We want you work to shine here.)
2) Gather your supplies.
A) Standard printer paper
B) An inkjet printer
C) Packing Tape
D) A bowl of water (Should be big enough to submerge your photo.)
3) Print your photo on standard printer paper using an inkjet printer. Laser printers don't work for this technique.
4) Cut out your photo.
5) Cover your photo in packing tape. (Make sure the sticky side is touching the image.)
6) Submerge your photo in water for five minutes.
7) Remove your wet photo, and rub the paper off of the packing tape. You will reveal a rustic, imperfect copy of your image on the clear packing tape.
8) Dry your packing tape image.
9) (Optional) Mount your packing tape image to white cardstock. (This will make the image stand out better.)
10) Photograph your completed piece and post it on Instagram or Twitter with the tags #QuestScouts and #PackingTapePhoto.
Remember, if you post to a public Instagram or Twitter account your photo will show up on our Scout Board for other Quest Scouts to enjoy and comment on.
11) In the comments below, tell us about your experience making your packing tape photo. Did your image turn out the way you wanted it to?