Take an A+ photo lit only by firelight.
1) Obtain a non-camera phone. Camera phones are great, but they don’t work well in low light. For this objective you’ll need a point and shoot or something fancier. The key here is that you should be able to adjust camera settings. If you don’t own one, consider borrowing a camera from a friend who does.
2) Watch Firelight Photography: Getting the Shot with Corey Rich. If you’re using a point and shoot camera, follow up with How to Photograph Fire. You may also want to spend some time familiarizing yourself with the camera you’re using.
3) Choose your subject. Do you want to take a photograph of a person lit by fire? What about a fire itself? A landscape illuminated by fire? The choice is up to you.
4) Using the tips you learned from the above video(s), take your photo. In fact, take a bunch of photos! The more photos you take, the more likely you are to get something you’re proud of.
5) Choose your best fire illuminated shot and post it on Instagram or Twitter with the tag #QuestScouts. Alternatively, you can also share your photo in our Facebook group.