“People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.”
Add an interesting food experience to your bucket list.
Some people call them "bucket lists," some call them "life lists," while others may call them something else entirely. Whatever you call it, a life list is a list of goals you'd like to accomplish over your lifetime. Our periodic "life list" micro quests inspire you to add items to your list.
1) If you don't have a life list, start one! You can start one online or on paper. Make sure that the format you choose will allow you to easily refer to your list in the future. If you've already got a life list, great! Pull it out and get ready to add to it.
2) Spend 5-10 minutes researching fancy, "once in a lifetime" food experiences.
-Dinner prepared at a far off destination.
-Eating a rare delicacy.
-Preparing a 4 course meal cooked entirely with food you grew yourself.
3) After doing a little bit of research, add the food experience to your life list.
4) Share what you added to your list in the comments below.
Design a "Herbes de Provence" of your own.
1) BEFORE looking at the comments below, spend 5-10 minutes researching the history and contents of Herbes de Provence.
2) In the comments below, tell us:
A- A little bit about what you learned. Was this exercise informative? Were you able to learn anything new?
B- (Optional) If you found a particularly good website or video, share it with us so your fellow Quest Scouts can continue learning.
C- If you were to create your own Herbes de Provence inspired blend, what would you put in it?
Give a tattoo... to a banana!
1) Watch the above tutorial from Make Magazine.
2) Tattoo a banana with a design of your choosing.
3) Take a photo of your tattooed banana and share it on Instagram, Twitter, or our Facebook Group. If posting to Instagram or Twitter, use the tag #QuestScouts. (As always, using a non-private account is best so we can see what you're up to!)
Decipher the words of two "Celebrity Chefs."
1) Download and print this quest's word search with a twist, "Celebrity Chef."
2) Each of the two letter grids contains a quote from a celebrity chef. Start with the circled letter and draw a continuous path, vertically or horizontally, from letter to letter, to find the quotations. When you've found both quotes, the puzzle is complete.
Can't find the quotes? Feel free to email us at QuestScouts@gmail.com for a hint. (We always love hearing from you.)
3) You're done! Leave a comment below telling us whether or not you completed the puzzle. If you'd like, estimate the time the puzzle took you as well.
Play a tabletop game with a food theme.
1) Choose and play any tabletop game with a food theme.
Mama Mia- A pizza themed card game!
Sushi Go- Your hand doesn't stay your own for more than a turn!
Wasabi- Can you assemble more sushi orders than your rivals?
Fish Cook- A free print and play.
Note: Please do not play a non food themed game that you put a food "twist" on. Scrabble, for instance, is not a food themed game- even if you play with words about food.
2) Take a photo while playing the game and share it on Instagram, Twitter, or our Facebook Group. If posting to Instagram or Twitter, use the tag #QuestScouts. (As always, using a non-private account is best so we can see what you're up to!)
Locate a food inspired geocache or letterbox and leave a recipe in the logbook.
1) Find a food inspired geocache or letterbox.
Food related hides may be hidden in honor of a particular restaurant, to mark a great berry picking spot or as an ode to spaghetti! There are a ton of possibilities for this one.
2) Leave a recipe related to the hide in the logbook! For instance, if you find a geocache dedicated to an Italian Restaurant, provide your favorite Italian recipe. If you find a letterbox inspired by cheese, leave a cheese centric recipe.
You can leave your recipe in the physical cache/box logbook and/or online when logging the cache/box.
3) Take a photo of your recipe and share it on Instagram, Twitter, or our Facebook Group. If posting to Instagram or Twitter, use the tags #QuestScouts and #Geocaching/#Letterboxing. (As always, using a non-private account is best so we can see what you're up to!)
4) Tell us about your experience making the find in the comments below! If applicable, include the geocache/letterbox number. Additionally, let us know what recipe you included in your log!
Use recycled wine corks to create a DIY project of your choice.
1) Choose a DIY project that utilizes old corks as its primary building material. The sky is the limit here, but make sure it's a project that you feel is worthy of 300 points!
Good cork projects include:
And of course, you can always search for more ideas!
2) Take a photo of your completed project and share it on Instagram, Twitter, or our Facebook Group. If posting to Instagram or Twitter, use the tag #QuestScouts. (As always, using a non-private account is best so we can see what you're up to!)