THIS IS THE ALTERNATIVE DIY OBJECTIVE. PLEASE ONLY COMPLETE THIS OBJECTIVE IF YOU HAVE A DIETARY RESTRICTION THAT PREVENTS YOU FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE OBJECTIVE LISTED ON THE QUEST CARD.
Build a functional birdhouse or bird feeder.
1) Decide whether you’d like to make a birdhouse or bird feeder. Then, browse the web for DIY instructions or inspiration that work for you.
Simple Classic “One Board” Birdhouse
PVC Pipe Birdhouse
Living Roof Birdhouse
A Replica of Your Own House for birds!
Lego Bird Feeder
Wine Bottle Bird Feeder
Note: We’re BUILDING here! Please don’t buy a prefabricated birdhouse and embellish it.
2) Make your birdhouse or bird feeder.
3) Place your creation outside for the birds to enjoy! (This is the best part!)
4) After placing it outside, take a photo of your creation and post it on Instagram or Twitter with the tag #QuestScouts. Alternatively, you can also share your experience in our Facebook group.
5) In the comments below, describe your DIY process. What did you make make? What inspiration or tutorials, if any, did you use? Was it any fun? Did anything interesting happen? Did you learn anything?